Sunday, November 8, 2009

The results, and more bloodwork

Dancing at Lavern's birthday party, she had a blast!
I LOVE her freckles!!

Taking time to stop and smell the roses.

Introducing.... Storm!





Well the biopsy results were not conclusive. They took more blood (6 vials) and she did so good. I had already told her a few days ago that from now on when we go to the hosp, she will get a pack of stickers as a reward for being good. If she has anything like bloodwork that is going to hurt, she can stop and get a Webkinz.... but only if she has behaved. The last time we went to have blood taken, they had to call in 2 male interns and another nurse to hold her down. I don't want to ever go through that again. She was nervous that they were going to want to restrain her this time, but everything was fine. She did so well. On the way out, we stopped at the 555 shop and she picked a cheeta, and named her Spot lol. Nanny had another surprise for her... a week or so ago Chloe, Devynn's hampster died. Nan took her out after the hosp and got her a new hampster. Her name is Storm and she is so cute. She named her Storm, because on the way home from the hosp, we drove through TWO storms! One was a hail storm, the other was snow!

So.. they are treating her with IBD meds, they work for both Chrons and Colitis. The one she will be starting at the first sign of diareah is Pentaza 5-ASA and it is an Aminosalicylates. This drug is supposed to interfere with the body's ability to control inflammtion in mild to moderate cases of Chrons and Colitis. It also prevents relapses and maintains *remission* I hate that word.
We are also waiting on a reumatology referral. They want to make sure all bases are covered and see if the inflamation is the Chrons, or something else. In the meantime, we are to use Tylenol for any pain in her tummy or joints. The dr said they don't like to diagnose kids this young because a diagnosis stays in your medical records and could interfere with life insurance as she gets older. So they are treating her for IBD, but not officially diagnosing her. We go back to the GI clinic in Feb, unless we need to see them sooner. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment