Monday, March 21, 2011

allergies??


Devynn went to a friends birthday party on Sat (Mar 19) when I arrived pick her up they were still opening gifts so Ashley and I just waited. There was a fruit tray, veggie tray etc. As Claire was opening her gifts, Devynn went over and grabbed a piece of cantalope and popped it in her mouth. Cantalope is one of the foods associated with the pumpkin allergy and one of the foods we have avoided at all costs despite the protest from Devynn, for about 6 mos now. When we were leaving I asked how much cantalope she had and she slapped her hand over her mouth and said "Oh no! I forgot!" I told her it was ok, and asked again. She got very defensive and said she didn't know. I asked what else she had eaten because from the minute we got there she didn't look well. She said "pizza.... cake... cantalope.. (hand across the mouth again) .. CUCUMBER.. oh no mommy" Again.. cucumber is one of the others we have been avoiding. I told her it was ok, and it would be a pretty good test although she ate two of the foods so we really won't be able to pinpoint anything. BUT atleast we would know if they bothered her tummy.

Oh yeah, they def did. She was full of gas, her tummy was very sore and she felt sick for the rest of the night. She had a really hard time admitting this, I think she thought it was her fault even though I kept reassuring her it wasn't. She was completely fine when she woke up Sun morning though. Since she's been having some tummy problems, we can't really be sure. But her allergy appt is on the 30th (9 more days) and then we will know without a doubt.
I just found out Devynn's blood type, she is A+

No comments:

Post a Comment