Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Allergist appt - Oct 27 2010

Reading her book about Persian cats. Now she knows I have the camera, so she wants everyone to know she's ok!

I told her to smile.... this is what I get! lol PHONY!


My crazy girl.

Back to reading....







They tested for environmental only today. Cats, dogs, birds, mold, dust, dust mites, trees.... I can't remember what else, but they were all negative. He has NEVER heard of an allergy to pumpkin, he had to go google while we were there! He wants to clear her up with antihistamines before we do any more testing because her poor little body is covered in hives again. He gave her a steroid cream for her hands and we are to use it 2-3x a day. We have to go back in 3 weeks and take in fresh pumpkin, fresh pineapple and fresh watermelon. He's going to do the test in the office. In the meantime he wants me to act as if she is allergic to pumpkin, pineapple and watermelon and avoid them at all costs. She also has an epi pen just incase. He told me to let her eat the cantalope and cucumber since she always has, and as far as we know she has never had a problem. He said he's not convinced 100% either way (allergy to pumpkin or symptom of IBD) so until he can tell me with 100% confidence he won't stop researching. He was really nice and Devynn was very comfortable. He let her hold his hand while he did the scratch test just incase it hurt. She was amazing, didn't even flinch! When we were talking he reached over and kind of rubbed her hand and said "I'm so sorry you are going through this sweetie, but I promise we will get to the bottom of it" So all in all, we didn't find out much but I feel good about the appt.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! He sounds like a good one...my hands break out when I carve the pumpkin at Halloween..I wear gloves...I can eat pumpkin pie..I wonder if it has anything to do with Crohns.

    ReplyDelete