Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Found the log I was keeping....


I started keeping a log of Devynn's medical problems/symptoms but lost it on my comp (duhhhh me) but I found it. So I'm going to post it as is....


Devynn

2-13-2006
I posted yesterday about Devynn waking up with pains in her legs. She couldn't walk all day and barely got off the couch. I had to carry her to the washroom and anywhere else she wanted to go. Today she woke up and was a bit better, but still in very obvious pain. I called and made an appt with our dr. We went in and he asked her where it hurt and she told him exactly where it hurt. He asked if one leg hurt more than the other and she said yes the left leg. He asked her to stand on one leg and lift the other and then switch legs. He asked her to do that over and over. Then he asked her if it hurt more when he touched her legs. She said no but when he touched she jumped and said OUCH! He said most kids her age would have a hard time describing the pain and pinpointing it. He asked her to take a few steps and she did. He said the pain is def coming from her hips, if it was one hip he wouldn't be too alarmed, he would watch her for a few days. But because its both hips it bothers him. He asked a bunch of questions, one of them was about rashes. I reminded him about the rash she had before Christmas that lasted about 6 weeks, that we had no idea what it was. He asked how her appetite is etc. Then he told me he is doing some blood work. I asked for what and he said not to worry, he would have results in two days. I said I wanted to know and he told me they are testing her for arthritus and Leukemia! I lost it! He told me not to panic, that he has to rule it out. But he said its def not growing pains. So we will see what the blood work says and see if they need to run other tests and xrays. I am FREAKING here. I can't even think straight. I went to get Valentines after we left his office and I asked Jenn to take her to look cause I had to go to the washroom. I went in and bawled! She CANT be sick! PLEASE keep her in your prayers. I am so scared right now. I dont know if I will be answering posts, but Ill be reading probably. This will be a long 2 days. Thank you in advance.
9-4-2008
On Aug 24 Devynn woke up really sick, she was screaming because she had pains in her stomache. She had started running a fever the night before, and had a headache and stiff neck. I called Tele Health which is a wonderful service in Ontario (maybe Canada wide?) where you can speak to a registered nurse. They told me to take her to the walk in clinic because they were worried about her appendix. I took her in and he told me to watch her over the next 24 hours. If the fever wouldn't go away or the severe pains came back, I was supposed to take her to the ER. Within 24 hours the fever finally broke and the pains weren't bothering her.
Over the last few days she has complained a few times about having a headache, but I figured it was just school starting. She told me her leg was sore this morning, but when I asked where thinking it was her joints (she gets inflamation) she said no, and pointed to the back of her calf. Then tonight we were watching the news and they have recalled MORE products because of this Listeria scare. http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2008/listqueste.shtmlOne of the foods they recalled, Devynn and I ate. It was a Shopsy's Pepperoni stick. We figured out the date, because I had driven Jenn and a friend to the movies, and then Devynn and I went to the store and she wanted the pepperoni stick. Then I remembered sitting waiting for her, and calling the vet to check on our cat Noel. So we know for sure, she ate the pepperoni stick on July 22nd. I called Tele Health back tonight and she asked me a million questions. She told me to take her to the dr first thing tomorrow. I am so worried. I called my dr's office to check his hours and he's not in until noon tomorrow. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

We just got in from the hosp. Our dr couldn't see her until Sat, so I decided to take her to the ER. We were there for about 5.5 hours. They said she could very well have the listeria bacteria. But the only way to find out for certain is to do a blood test, and possibly a spinal tap. The dr we saw said she looks great, and if she were his child he wouldn't put her through the poke, because they would most likely want the spinal as well. He said most people who are infected have gastro like symptoms and don't even realize it was anything other than a stomache bug. You get sick, and then you gradually get better. Other people get sick and just keep getting sicker. He said the people who end up really sick are the elderly, newborn babies, and people with auto immune diseases. He said she would most likely have the headaches, achy muscles for another week or possibly two. BUT if the fever comes back, or the stomache pains get her back to the ER right away. He said you can be infected and not have any symptoms at all as well. So thank you all for the positive thoughts and prayers. I was so scared last night, I barely slept. So hopefully she will start feeling 100% and be back to her regular self.

Im c&p this from my blog because I don't have the energy to type it all out again...
OMG this week has been AWFUL!! Wed evening Devynn started having diareah.
Thurs we were fine, we went and got a few last min things for my moms birthday. We went and got Odie a new leash and Devynn a baby teddy bear hampster . We got home at 9 pm. I know because Connor was PISSED that he missed 1 hour of WWE Wrestling We got Devynn's new baby all set up and then I got her a quick bath and she picked out a few books for bed. Well that didn't happen because all of a sudden I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I got so sick really fast. I took a gravol (anti nausea) and took Devynn and went to bed. By this time it was almost 10. I woke up just before midnight and started both vomiting and diareah . That continued about every 10- 20 min through the night. At around 5ish the vomit changed to what looked like a blue freezie... but I hadnt eaten anything blue. By 7 am I got the kids up for school and went to bed crying. Between 7 and 8:30 when Connor had to leave I was prob sick another 6 times. I asked Ash to take him to school (The girls didn't have to go till 10am) and she refused. Jenn came in and said she would take him and if I needed her she would stay home and take care of Devynn. She took him to school and insisted that I call telehealth, which is a number you can call for medical advice. I called and they were worried about the blue vomit and told me to go to the ER. My mom picked me up and I was there by 10:15 am. They did a pile of tests, took a ton of blood and ran an IV. At one point I was halucinating like mad. I was seeing friends through the years and even a few online friends. My mom was sitting in a chair by my bed and at one point my Dad was standing beside her. I thought this was a halucination but that didnt matter.. I got to see my Dad. I thought it was a halucination.. but I'm not sure.. I'll tell you about that in a min. By about 1 pm I started getting an awful migraine. I had a fever around 103 and they started me on something to bring the fever down and something to take the migraine away. I dozed off and on. They kept me overnight and I went home Sat afternoon.
When I got home I was still really sick, and weak. The kids were worried about me. I was more worried about them getting sick. I couldn't do a thing. I was just laying on the couch and the kids were all out in the living room with me. Devynn said "Mommy, papa is sitting with you". I said what do you mean? She said he's beside you on the couch... cant you see him? I started to cry. The girls went out to the store Sat evening and at about 8 Jenn said her stomache felt sick. She was in bed by 9 and at about 1 am she started vomiting and diareah. She continued about once every hour straight through the night until about 10:30 am on Sunday. Now she was on one couch and I was on the loveseat. Devynn made a few more comments about Papa watching us. Connor was our little helper, getting drinks etc. Ash stayed in her room. She asked what I was making for dinner and didn't like my reply. I couldn't get up to get a glass of water, nevermind cook dinner! By Sunday morning, I was down 7 lbs. Sunday at about 9pm Devynn said she felt sick and was running a temp of 102.9 I sat with her on my knee and just held her. Finally around 10 I took her to bed. At midnight she vomited once. I stayed awake in bed most of the night scared she would be sick and choke. She was moaning and crying in her sleep but she was only sick the one time. I finally dozed off around 5:30 am . The last time I looked at the clock was 5:21 am.
At 6 am Monday morning Connor woke my up crying.. now he started vomiting and diareah. he was sick about every 30 min or so until about 4 pm. Devynn still seemed fine. Jenn was still feeling awful. I was too. We all had headaches.
Tues I was feeling a bit better but still really weak, Jenn was feeling rotten and Connor was feeling rotten. When he went to bed he said he thought maybe he was starting to feel better.
Wednesday I am feeling quite a bit better, if only I didnt feel so weak! I need to lose the headache. Jenn is still having a headache and feeling pretty yucky. Connor is feeling worse and Devynn has started another fever!
Its now 11:55 pm... Connor started vomiting again at about 10:45pm. Devynn has a fever of 102.2 and Jenn is feeling alot better. I am still feeling weak, but so much better. Ash so far is in the clear. Devynn has been in bed since 9 and Connor has finally fallen asleep on the couch. Ash is in the shower and I want to go to bed.
I need sleep badly, but most of all I want my babies all to feel better!!
Good night
Oh BTW here is a link to GASTRO and all the symptoms etc... http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/faq.htm
Todays update... Connor vomited until about 4 am. Then he finally fell asleep. I have been in checking on him and taking him drinks. He's tired but atleast he has stopped vomiting. Devynn's fever finally broke around 5 am with an acetomenophen (sp?) Suppository. She still feels yucky and her eyes are so dark. I'm going to try to get Connor into my dr today. If not I think he will most likely end up in the hosp with IV.
If I disapear again, you know why. Jenn is back at school today and feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment