Saturday, October 10, 2009

The procedure

For some reason, the pics came out backward. This is just after she woke up. Being silly, before the procedure

She was soooooo cold because of all the water she had to drink, so we were snuggling watching a movie.

This was when we first checked in, sitting watching a movie with the portable DVD player



We got to the hosp at 7:45 and did the prep meds to finish cleaning her out. They took us in at 2 and she was asleep by 2:15. I stayed in the room holding her hand until she fell asleep and as soon as I walked out I broke down. If you've never seen your child fall asleep with anaesthesia.... its very hard to watch. I ran to get something to eat because I was starving. I refused to eat in front of her, so since noon yesterday all I had to eat was 4 sausages. They brought her back at about 3:15 and the dr came in to talk to me.
The dr started by asking if she ever complains of a sore throat. I said no, and he said there was some inflamation and it was very tight to get the scope down. He pointed very low and said they took a biopsy just to be sure everything was ok. The spot on the upper GI that caused them to request this test, looked fine but they biopsied it anyways. He said they didn't find anything that stood out from the top end. When they went in the bottom, her bottom looked good, there was some inflamation in a couple of spots and quite a bit of inflamation just above (I think it was above) her appendix in some small slit opening. He said it could have been from taking the meds and then the force of her pooping, but they biopsied that as well. He said from what they could see, nothing stood out. He didn't see any scarring, or signs of advanced disease. He said we will have to wait on the biopsy which will come back within 2 weeks. But he didn't see anything that would make him put her on any meds.
It took her almost 90 min to wake up, which was really starting to freak me out. The nurse said her blood pressure was low, but another nurse said it was because she was in a deep sleep. Once she woke up, she was very disoriented at first, but came around pretty quick. All she wanted was the IV out! lol They told me what to watch for and warned me that there might be blood in her stool, or spit. But if there is a lot or any clots I have to call ASAP. We left the hosp around 6 pm. She had a really sore throat and sore tummy at bedtime, but fell asleep very quickly!










Thank you all for your well wishes, prayers, advice and being here for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment